• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What makes the Chrysler V8 different in a V100?

Maple Leaf Eh

Folks,

I haven't posted in a while but was reminded by the principle of the Cold War Collection group that he wants to source a spare powerpack for the V100 sn 10799. I mentioned that the Chrysler 361 is not the same as an automotive engine because it is reverse rotation. That got everyone's attention.

The block and internals must be stock catalogue parts, so what makes the V100's engine different?

Terry in Canada 'eh

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Its the camshaft.
I would think the distributor would need to be different as well. Since that would need to rotate backwards or at least the drive gear would need a reversed profile. Also the flyweights for it would need to be clocked backwards. Then other things like the starter, water pump, fan, exc.

Not saying that's the case. Just thinking through it.

B3.3T

The M75 engine has a gear-driven camshaft as opposed to a chain on the 361 MOPAR, therefore it goes the opposite direction. But we have used the MOPAR 361 in V-100s. It works fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks