• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What mechanical shift transfer case would you suggest, reasons, low ratio and what it weighs, Would you use? Thoughts on a T-233/

gentrysgarage

I am considering upgrading my plan from using the New Process 205 into something a little larger, so I was looking for the experts suggestions and reasons for choosing, the weight and what low ratio is it. Only criteria I place on it is that it must be mechanical shift. Also wondered if anybody had feedback on a Rockwell 233 other than the gears are VERY VERY expensive. Thanks in Advance!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not consider a chain-driven transfer case to be an upgrade...

Not sure what your plan is but why not a Deuce T 136-27 airshift - which can easily be converted to engage the front output, mechanically ? It has the same ratios as the 205 (1:1 H/1.98:1 L) and yes, it is a lot heavier (about 450 lbs, dry) but it sure is way stronger and has one BIG advantage over all others: smooth, synchronised "on the fly" up- and down-shifting !

This post gives you the basic dims of the T-136 and also pics of both T-cases, FYR.

Last edited:

gentrysgarage

Thanks gringeltaube for the reply, I have started looking into this and was looking at the TMs but couldn't see a visual difference between the sprag type -21 and the -27 (I think they recycled the same picture of the -21!). What do I look for to tell the difference and any quick easy steps I can have an average seller check to make sure there are no MAJOR problems. I do most my shopping off the SteelSoldiers grid and the sellers only think they came off a deuce mannnyyy years ado...and of course they were all in GREAT condition when removed! Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks