• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What replacment floor panels should I purchase?

linx310

Ok I need some help figuring out what floor panel pieces I need to purchase and from whom. I spent today wire wheeling all the rust spots and then cleaned the floor and used rustoleom stop rust primer to keep it from getting any worse. Thank you rubber mat for making my life just grand!

On the driver side, the area circled in red is rusted through in a few spots. I am not sure if I have to get an entire floor pan for the driver side to fix that or if that is a inner rocker panel part. Should I just try and patch it up?

On the passenger side it looks like I am going to need a RH front Floor panel, and a complete RH rocker panel.

The areas circled in blue can easily be fixed by cutting them out and welding in new patches.

What I am confused about what is a inner rocker panel and does it look like I need one of those along with a regular rocker panel?

Also which of the following places do you think would be best to order panels from:

LMC – I have heard mixed reviews on their panels.

Classic Parts description says OEM (I doubt it). Any one tried them?

*Floor Repair Panel-OEM-Right-Classic Parts

http://www.truckandcarshop.com – a post mention they were ok.

JCW – probably the same as LMC

Attachments

67_C-30

Classic Parts sells the same stuff as LMC, Whitney, Year One, etc. Most of that comes from the company that owns the truck and car shop in CA and is shipped east, which is why their prices are better. Cars Inc is one of the only places that sells sheet metal made in the USA, and they do not sell rockers ot floors for these trucks.

67_C-30

BTW, I bought a pair of "OEM" rockers from Classic Parts for a '69 C-10 I had, and had a sticker that read "Made in Taiwan R.O.C" on itaua OEM? - yeah right!

linx310

So I take it that it doesn't really matter where I order it from.

Another question, what exactly is an inner rocker panel?

kapnklug

I always get those parts from JCWhitney (in fact I've got a pair of rocker panels in the mail right now). But from those pics, you should save the $$$ and just make small patches out of 16ga galvanized. You don't need to go as complicated as replacing the whole floor/rocker. I always make the inner rocker for chevy trucks out of a single flat piece that goes inside the outer rocker, don't bother spending money on that. Be sure to check the cab mount channel under that floor, if it's bad you can fab a new one from 1.5" sqaure tube, it'll be much better than the OEM replacement.