• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What rims will fit on a 5 ton.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own an M814 with the stock 1100X20" rims. I want to replace the stock tires with T831 Firestones, size 12R 22.5. THe problem is that the tires fit on 9" wide rims, and the tire is 12" wide. Has anybody dueled out this combination? I know the 22.5" rims will fit the bolt hole pattern. My question is are the rims just to wide at 9" to fit the 5 ton axles?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also like to know what sizes and brands commercial rims (and tire sizes) fit dual on a, 800 series 5 ton.

Likely candidates are semi tractor steer tires on the front which were extremely satisfactory in the past for an M35, and same quality drive tires on the rears. Then it may be useful to go shopping at a truck junkyard for the rims. The steer tires BTW were $300 each.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with most commercial truck tires is that they are smaller in diameter then the NDT's. With the gearing of the 5 tons, I sure don't want to go smaller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks