• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Stupid Looks Like.....Every time I say "I'll never win this"....

Jayhawk#44

Kinda sort of Military. 2016 Era USMC Recruiting F-35 full motion flight simulator. Looks better in person than the pics on GP. All of the mechanicals are present, screens and some controls are missing, but looks like all COTS stuff, so easily replaceable. Seat has a couple of rips from rough handling, but looks as if it was never sat in. PC is missing, but all of the wiring appears intact. Looks like all COTS stuff.

On super nice bearing casters, rolls easy, but its heavy as hell!

We'll see if I can get it running. Serious man-cave schwagg if so!!!

Here's what happens every time I say there's no way I'm winning this.... Got a low hour MEP-803a last time I said that.

Later,

Matt

Flight simulator.jpeg

Third From Texas

That looks awesome! I don't think I'll get quite as serious as your rig, but I intend to make it work as intended. Might sell it after that, we'll see.

Later,

Matt
Those things were $7000 back when they came out (early-mid 2000's).

You should be able to test all the actuators. As far as I know, BlueTiger is out of the sim business, but you might still find the software from the community. If not, there are some open source motion rig software packages out there.

That's one of their flagship rigs with triple display. Keep in mind it takes a beast of a PC (graphics card) to drive them if you go with three. VR goggles would be an alternative option.

I never ventured into full motion stuff but great fun !

Last edited:

Jayhawk#44

Wow. That's a chunk of change sitting there even just as parts.
Eleetus bought BlueTiger in 2016: In 2016, Eleetus acquired Blue Tiger LLC and their “raised fulcrum” patent that makes the Eleetus simulator so special. Starting with racing and flight, Eleetus has continued to expand into the areas of driver education and passive motion entertainment.

Looks about 90% like my BlueTiger sim. Other than some handling bruises it looks like new. This version retails at $27K, USMC paid $47K per copy🤯

I'll post up some pics later.

Matt

PS: Link to the current model Eleetus Fly Full motion SIM

Jayhawk#44

That just HAS to be ever so slightly BETTER than an ZX sinclair 81 ...Surely???
I'm old and I had to look that one up!

Swapped several emails with Eleetus today. They still sell and support this system. He is getting me all of the documentation tomorrow and stated.

"Good news is that the motion engine is the most robust part of the system. They beat up the monitors and controls, but out of 26 simulators, we never had a single issue with any part of the motion (motors, circuit boards, psus)."

Sounds like I might have a winner! Most importantly, it is PC software based!

Later,

MattPXL_20220314_055400760.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks