• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do if a HET isn't enough

Csm Davis

Total weight is around 500,000 lbs and 17'6" tall. Heading to a power plant somewhere southeast. It's just the engine off a huge generator.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOLY SMOKES!! That is one DENSE object! to require TWO!! Wonder what it looks like and what it's made of under the plastic wrap!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Lets go find a DOT officer that likes to use his scales. It looks like a tire guys worst nightmare when all those tires wear out.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jakelc15

Good to see them being worked. How many wheels does it need to have under it before it goes in the railroad section?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

Lets go find a DOT officer that likes to use his scales. It looks like a tire guys worst nightmare when all those tires wear out.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
If you could see the other side there is every kind of officer you can name and a few I have never seen before.
Speaking of tires they actually downsized the HET tires to 395's so now it goes 40 mph down hill.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Special T

That trailer has 8 tires and wheels for every "axle" not sure what you would call that setup because they don't appear to have body axles...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That trailer has 8 tires and wheels for every "axle" not sure what you would call that setup because they don't appear to have body axles...
That trailer was designed by an idiot (prob a retired Transportation Corps Officer) after consulting with a group of morons (civilians that had never driven a truck before). It was over designed and was a nightmare from the word go. To change the inner tires you had to rotate the stubby axles. I was in a HETT unit for a while and most of us agreed that they were crap designed to keep the parts manufacturers in business for the next 20 years.

I had the pleasure of telling the Oshkosh reps that came down to train us on them what a worthless POS they were.

Putting an obsolete two stroke, V-8 diesel in a line haul truck was the height of stupidity.

Placing the engine under the cab without a way to raise it was another idiotic idea. Most of the time you have to remove the cab to do engine repair or replacement.

Freightliner and Fontaine could have got together and built a much better rig for hauling tanks for a lot less money.

Jakelc15

Thank you wreckerman! Bogey wheels are a mechanics nightmare! I'm glad you got to tell the reps, I'd sure like to get a hold of a few myself!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks