• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to take for that long first trip

Blythewoodjoe

I have noticed a lot of people have bought new toys and are planning long trips in these things to get them home. If it has not been done before I thought it would be wise to make a list of spare parts and supplies to help make the trip a success.

First off I noticed an automotive section at a home depot the other day and in it was one gallon jugs of GL1 for under $4.00. If you doesn't get you excited you should do a lot of research before you try to drive a deuce several hundred miles :lol:

My list always includes:
GL1
Motor oil
Duct tape
Water
Tie wire
Big hammer
Lug wrench
Big jack
All the spare parts I can carry like:
Hoses
Belts
Light bulbs
Hose clamps
Wiper blades

Don't forget a good rain coat, you may need it in the cab if you drive in the rain. Take all the tools you can carry.

Please add what you find helpful and I hope some of the newbies will pay close attention. Also make sure you know how to operate the lights before hitting the road. I make my first trip with not lights because I didn't know you had to switch on the brake and turn signals.

Joe Trapp

CGarbee

I try to also have: Add brake fluid, funel with some tubing, jumper cables (or slave cable with multiple end adapters) and cell phone.
Towbar if I have a buddy running "chase". Big honkin' chain...

To be honest, a lot of what I haul on a first trip sorta depends on how far I am going, if I have personnaly checked out the truck before the first trip, and if I have a buddy following in a second vehicle (and the type of vehicle that he has...).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Head gaskets and axle seals

rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been know to take a spare truck. Haven't needed it yet though. Guess thats why I can't keep a gasser deuce, gas powered.