• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to take for that long first trip

Blythewoodjoe

I have noticed a lot of people have bought new toys and are planning long trips in these things to get them home. If it has not been done before I thought it would be wise to make a list of spare parts and supplies to help make the trip a success.

First off I noticed an automotive section at a home depot the other day and in it was one gallon jugs of GL1 for under $4.00. If you doesn't get you excited you should do a lot of research before you try to drive a deuce several hundred miles :lol:

My list always includes:
GL1
Motor oil
Duct tape
Water
Tie wire
Big hammer
Lug wrench
Big jack
All the spare parts I can carry like:
Hoses
Belts
Light bulbs
Hose clamps
Wiper blades

Don't forget a good rain coat, you may need it in the cab if you drive in the rain. Take all the tools you can carry.

Please add what you find helpful and I hope some of the newbies will pay close attention. Also make sure you know how to operate the lights before hitting the road. I make my first trip with not lights because I didn't know you had to switch on the brake and turn signals.

Joe Trapp

CGarbee

I try to also have: Add brake fluid, funel with some tubing, jumper cables (or slave cable with multiple end adapters) and cell phone.
Towbar if I have a buddy running "chase". Big honkin' chain...

To be honest, a lot of what I haul on a first trip sorta depends on how far I am going, if I have personnaly checked out the truck before the first trip, and if I have a buddy following in a second vehicle (and the type of vehicle that he has...).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Head gaskets and axle seals

rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been know to take a spare truck. Haven't needed it yet though. Guess thats why I can't keep a gasser deuce, gas powered.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks