• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What trailer for a 530 fire truck

jasonjc

OK OK I know you can pull just about anything with the deuce. But I what to know if there are any trailer "for" the 530 fire truck. Like a water tank or the fire pump trailer.
I seen the pic of one pull a fith wheel trailer with a dolly for of grear. It make sence that you whould need some thing to haul your stuff from A to B. So I guess the ? is any of you that were "in" was there a trailer???
I was thinking about a M200 with a fuel pod for a water tanker. If the truck is use in a remote area 400 gal of water will not go far.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The army FM for firefighting operations does not list a trailer for use "with" the 530 series trucks. However, a number of different firefighting trailers have been built, intended to be pulled by conventional tactical trucks - one of those might be neat.

Elwenil

I wonder how much payload would be available with a full load of water? I would think that would be pretty heavy in itself and may be why there isn't a trailer in common use with the firetruck. I could be wrong, but it sort of makes sense to me. :wink:

CGarbee

Not used behind a 530C, but the local VFD used to have a M101 trailer that they outfitted with Indian tanks in racks along the outside edge of the bed sides, hand tools in a rack on the front of the bed and in a box mounted on the tongue, and a water tank and pump in the bed (couple hundred gallons, same size that they had mounted in the back of the M37 that pulled it up the mountain behind the farmhouse where it was stored (closer to the National Park than the firehouse...).
GI'd think that a 1.5 ton trailer (cargo, flatbed, or tank) could be outfitted with tools, tank, hose, and pump as needed for the application (type of fires) that you would be using your rig for...

good luck and keep us posted.

FrankUSMC

We never towed with any of our crash trucks (fire trucks). I spent 16 of my 20 years in Crash Fire Rescue, the first truck I learned to operate was the M530C. We were told the pintol hook in the back was for recover only. The photo of the M530C towing a trailer, if it is the same one that I have seen is towing a bomb trailer. I have one in my collection here. Carbee, can douple check, as he has seen my trailer also. The gear on the trailer is decking for the tents (we called them "Low income housing")
One of the few, Frank

jasonjc

This is an old thread but here is the pic. (a little late). I like the CGarbee post about the equipment trailer and that seems like a good idea (so I see why the military did not come up with itrofl). For the deuce I think a M105 verson or M200 would be some thing to do. Not so much as for a fire fighting roll as much as to stage equipment or just move it from camp "A" to camp "B". For a brush fire you could drop the trailer at stagging, then go fight the fire, as more manpower gets on seen they could get tools and equipment off the trailer. Or drop the trailer at a water supply like creek or pond, set up to pump to a supply line or to fill trucks/tankers.:whistle:

Great now I need a trailer and a ton more stuff:roll:

Speaking of "stuff" I shure could use a list of BII for the 530C fire truck, pic's would be a big help. I see stuff on ebay all the time just not shure what I need.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was an article in MV Magazine a while back that listed the BII for the 530 series trucks. I'll see if I can find which issue.

Is there room for Granny and her rocking chair on top of that trailer?

Update: Check MVM article on Class 530 Fire Trucks by David Doyle, February 2003, page 85.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd pick either a M107 water tank trailer painted to match the 530 truck, or a hose reel trailer. To my knowledge, there are no military hose reel trailers, but you can find a commercial replacement and match it up well enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks