• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What turret cover plate do I have? And, whhich do I need?

signsup

Raining cats and dogs this morning, so can't go out and take pick, but will later of turret ring with the rubber seal and the rubber two piece bushings that I have removed to install a solid steel military issued cover hatch plate. eBay seller represented it would be correct for Humvee, and, you guessed it, only four of the 16 bolt holes line up. Data plate on cover says:
19207-12600087

MFR-75Q65 ( this is Oshcosh per Google) not a good sign

19207-12604893-025

When I Google the info, the mfg comes up as Oshcosh, so I know it wasn't made exclusively for a Humvee, but rather than redrill 12 holes through this hardened steel plate, I'd be intersted to trying to swap or find a correct plate. One clude as to what I need for my M1151 ECV slant back top is that two of the 16 holes are only about 3" apart from each other, the rest are evenly spaced out. The plate I have fits the approx 45" hole in the top.

Any direction appreciated. Here is a few pics from the Ebay listing of the cover plate I acquired.ebay hatch voer.pngebay hatch cover data plate.png

Autonomy_Lost

Did you try rotating it? The holes are not evenly spaced, it only goes on one way.

Edit: just realized your plate has 16 holes, so not sure about that. Its clearly not for an m1151.

Mac motors has the correct aluminum plate for your truck, and they are reasonably priced.

signsup

Did you try rotating it? The holes are not evenly spaced, it only goes on one way.

Edit: just realized your plate has 16 holes, so not sure about that. Its clearly not for an m1151.

Mac motors has the correct aluminum plate for your truck, and they are reasonably priced.
We took the ring off and laid it on this plate and rotated it every way we could and the most bolt holes we could catch was four out of 16. And, the ones that were off were not close. With this hatch being an Oshcosh product, we are thinking a different vehicle all together. I have seen the aluminum plates and some are not drilled at all and you just lay them in place and drill away. But, I spent almost $500 on this plate that was represented for a Humvee and I'll just go with the four bolts for appearance until I can figure something out.

Autonomy_Lost

The ones at mac motors are predrilled and countersunk with the correct holes for an m1151. I know this because I bought one.

The one you have may be for a JLTV or MRAP, they both use humvee turrets but have different roofs. But thats just a guess.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks