• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What type dipstick fits the 6.2?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 6.2 under my butt today and I seem to fit fine.

I have a few dipsticks in the truck with me but the engine oil dipstick on my 1985/6 6.2l M1010 is 20.5" long to the rubber collar with the full mark sitting at 2.5". Johnny the drinker said same size as the 350 butttt if you go off the length you can't go too wrong. I'll confirm if Johnny is right before I agree with him.

Not sure about after market fluid dip measuring devices but there must be something out there. I recall an incorrect dipstick with a chewed up end on it in the fleet although not sure how that can happen.

Good luck and post a replacement part number if you can.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jegs sells a universal one. What benefit do these type of dipsticks have over the factory offering?

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dipstick & tube were missing when I got my 1008 and though I've found the replacement I can't seem to make it fit, like a bracket is missing or it's wrong maybe. Can somebody post a pic of exactly where the dipstick tube comes thru and attaches to???

Much appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks