• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What type of connector is this and where can I find a power cable for it?

BAZYRKYR

Today my AN/VVS-2(V)1A Night Vision Periscope just arrived. I also bought a case of 96 SAFT BA-5567A/U Li-SO2 Batteries but the power cable to hook up to my M109A3 (I'm mounting it in the hard top) is what I really need. Can someone tell me what it is and where I might find it. Thanks in advance.

AN_VVS-2 V1A Gen 2+ Night Vision Periscope.JPGANVVS-2 Power Connector.jpg

Dodge man

Those Li-SO2 batteries contain Lithium and Sulfur Dioxide and are NASTY when they leak! Be careful with them! Puncture one and they'll clear out a building! The gas toxic and highly corrosive.

BAZYRKYR

I've heard that...thanks for the heads up. Luckily these batteries are pretty new (manufactured in 2005). Any idea on the connector?

Dodge man

I've heard that...thanks for the heads up. Luckily these batteries are pretty new (manufactured in 2005). Any idea on the connector?
Lithium batteries should store safely for a VERY long time. The real trouble starts if you drill or cut into one!

Sorry can't help on the connector. I THINK I've seen the same connector used on some of the older NV googles but I never saw the cable and mating plug so I can help. But I go through a lot of surplus and I'll keep my eyes open and there's a good chance that I can find the mating plug. What is the od of that jack?

BAZYRKYR

Thanks...I'd appreciate it. The OD is .473 of an inch w/ 3 locking guide prongs spaced evenly on the outside. The ID id .362 of an inch with 3 prongs spaced evenly in a triangle pattern. The cap says 07418-MS3181-BNA.

BAZYRKYR

Here it is.....

Connector (AN.VVS-2 (V)1A.jpg

I can't wait for my Infrared Spotlights to come in an to get everything installed...it will light up everything.

Blackout Spot Light #1.jpg

BAZYRKYR

Have you Googled that MS (MilSpec) number?
Yes...and I found a site belonging to a military contractor with a list of hundreds of numbers just like it and no pictures that could visually show me the multitude of possible configurations used for a variety of applications the male & female version of this plug could be used for. Could I call them...yes. But I'd rather see if someone on SS knows what it is and where to find it before I resort to interrupting a manufacturer during their busy day manufacturing items for NATO forces.

Jeff Nelson

Call Newark Electronics at 800-463-9275. Give them your part number and ask if they can recommend the mating connector. I think it will be the MS3126 series but am not positive. In any event, they can help find it. They do have a minimum order of $25 and this connector should be at least that. Make sure you get the strain relief that goes to the connector.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks