• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What vac at idle do you have?

Westech

CPL
well your right the tm says 20. Now I just installed a brand new vacuum pump the other day ($$$) and at the pump it will suck your finger right out of the socket. But at the trans it is a tad weaker. I would say your in the ball park with your readings. What speed does it shift in to 3rd... should be in the 30-35 mph range

Westech

CPL
there should be a screw in the vacuum modulator on the passenger side of the trans. turn that out a couple turns and see what happens. It should drop the shift points a little. other wise your having the same problem I have and I am waiting on a new governor to get the shift speeds back in order. seams the TH400 is a picky SOB when it comes to Governor shaft ware. Even in 30k miles it can become a problem. I will know later today if a new/used governor changes anything.

Westech

CPL
hmm.. all the after market ones I have ever seen have a adjustment. the screw is in the vacuum nipple. Its a little one you need a "pen" type screw driver to adjust.

I found that screw, turned it out and set my vacuum. Wow, what a change. I don't even feel it shift and can only just barely tell it when it does. Very smooth. I might need to turn that screw back in for towing as it has lost a lot of torque that it had before, loads and hills will be seeming different.
Thanks West.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks