• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels are on your humvee?

LouiSypher

Mogman is right: stock wheels are 8.25" wide and have a +54 offset.
With the wheels you just ordered the distance between outer (tire) sidewalls will be almost 6 inches more than stock.
Uhg. These wheels were supposed to fit an H1. I misunderstood offset. That the negative moved where the lugs attach closer to the outer edge from the center. Damn glad I commented here now. So I need a positive offset not a negative. Thanks gents!

LouiSypher

Mogman is right: stock wheels are 8.25" wide and have a +54 offset.
With the wheels you just ordered the distance between outer (tire) sidewalls will be almost 6 inches more than stock.
I'm super confused. I just looked up on the black rhino website with an H1 Alpha selected and it gave me the following wheels as fitting:

1790GLA128165M22GLAMISMATTE BLACK17X98X165.15.4712mm122.4028.88 lbs35001.45CCBR2816570MB$259.00
1790GLA-28165M22GLAMISMATTE BLACK17X98X165.14.53-12mm122.4030.20 lbs35001.45CCBR2816570MB$259.00

What am I missing?

rjf189

They have a -12 offset, which I'm to understand is within tolerance. These are the rims that I ordered and I understood that they would fit:

VISION® - 85 SOFT 8 Gloss Black (17" x 9", -12 Offset, 8x165.1 Bolt Pattern, 130.8mm Hub)

If that's not the case then I'm going to need to cancel my order...lol
These wheels have the correct offset: http://www.hummerproducts.com/hummer-wheels.asp#17spokewheel&panel1-14

Here are some pictures of them on my truck in case helpful.

20220103_120212.jpg

20220127_091729.jpg

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see any prices.
If you have to ask, you can't afford it? :ROFLMAO:

Last time I was looking, I saw these rims and it looked like they had been discontinued. I didn't find anything that said they were or not, but something changed and all of the places selling them stopped listing them for sale.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $570 apiece + shipping back in early 2021. I would call Tom at HummerProducts.com and he can quote the current price (I got mine directly from him). Looks like RubberDuck 4x4 has them for $610 each. https://www.rubberduck4x4.com/product/cepek-wheel-17-powder-coated/
They look like they require wheel specific lug nuts? Is this the case?

I keep thinking I should get a set of rims like this, along with reasonable winter tires so I can save the military tires and rims for parades....

rjf189

They look like they require wheel specific lug nuts? Is this the case?

I keep thinking I should get a set of rims like this, along with reasonable winter tires so I can save the military tires and rims for parades....
I'm not sure, but he included the lug nuts for free when I bought them. I can look up what kind he sent me (should be on the invoice) if that would be helpful.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, Tom Cepek sells amazing 17” rims. I own a set of 5 that came with my H1. Check his website. Easy to paint or powder coat. Proper offset. Each rim supports more than 3K lbs.

I still prefer steel split rims with Feltz tires BUT Cepek rims are outstanding quality and Tom Cepek is a truly upright and terrific person.

LouiSypher

Guys, Tom Cepek sells amazing 17” rims. I own a set of 5 that came with my H1. Check his website. Easy to paint or powder coat. Proper offset. Each rim supports more than 3K lbs.

I still prefer steel split rims with Feltz tires BUT Cepek rims are outstanding quality and Tom Cepek is a truly upright and terrific person.
I will check into them, but I see no pricing on his site. $600 a wheel is a little pricier than I wanted to spend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks