• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats left of an 1966 kaiser M35A2

chevycrew

Well here it is:

1966 Kaiser M35A2 Frame No: 0125-23xxx
LDT-465-1C Recent surplus engine swap (less than 500 miles)
Frame was hacked and shortened
1976 ford cab and nose (lengthened 6") was added for idaho winters
Dump bed was put on, owner said a 50's GMC dump bed

It is a very well used truck. Frame cracks where shortened, steel welded on to hold rear arms in place, etc. etc.

Here is the question, What would you do with it?

Resto, Mod, custom, etc...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be taking a closer look at that bed. Looks to be from an M215, M47 or M59. Width tells the story. Yourkgulch2 is working on getting an M47 sans bed if you fillet it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did they really loose the big tank for a behind the seat cab burner? I would take a long hard look at doing anthing but repairing the frame. It does look unique for sure

chevycrew

yes the big tank really is gone in favor of the behind the seat. There is no body electrical system, that works anyway, no lights etc..
core support is damaged making drivers side headlight point at the sky. Frame is the worst though.

sad thing is the guy bought it as a complete M35A2 about 15 years ago for 5k

I figure if I have to rewire everything, I might as well get a cab on it I like lol.

On the rear of the bed there are numbers. left side 1DA-NG-139E then right side DT-36
Bold numbers are weathered and very hard to read.

DMgunn

Sheeeesh. Takes a lot of talent to ruin both an M-35 AND a Ford pickup.....

Previous owner must be stopped before this happens to other innocent victims.

The '56 would be pretty cool, I think. Widening the bed wouldn't be too difficult, and well worth the effort.

chevycrew

I agree, hideous, but it really is worse in person...

I wanted 56 cab, drop the rear axle, pickup bed, bigger tires.....

Wife says, 56 cab, custom flatbed, keep it a 6x6

Buddy suggested the 56 stepside bed, with really stretched fenders to give it that usa6x6 bed type of look.

Elwenil

RE: Dump bed

Part it out and out it out of it's misery. then go and shoot the worthless individual that created such a monstosity. That's one horrible POS. :roll:

chevycrew

Re: RE: Dump bed

Elwenil said:
Part it out and out it out of it's misery. then go and shoot the worthless individual that created such a monstosity. That's one horrible POS. :roll:

Well if ya vote for parts, lets see some cash... what parts ya want? lol :lol:

chevycrew

Well I went up and looked at the stuff that came with the truck, some worth it, some scrap....
First 3...20,000lb winch

Then m211 or similar winch and t-case, along with trailer made from rear of truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks