• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best 3/4 ton 4" lift on the market

Elohim1

lift is for a m1028.
I want new front and rear springs. No blocks.. it needs to be at least 3/4 ton because I am hauling a gooseneck.4" lift.

Please post a link if possible. I have done a search.

Skyjacker seems to be the priciest, is it the best?

Thanks in advance.

tsmall07

Don't do any "lift kit". They're a wast of money. A shackle flip on the rear and a drop shackle in the front is all you need and thats all you would probably get with a lift kit. The only difference is that Skyjacker will charge you $800 for that.
Sky manufacturing will have everything you need and its top quality. Click on the link for chevy stuff on the left hand side and scroll down to the shackle flip kit. You can also do the perch drop kit for the fronts. You should call to make sure that the sprigs are the same width on these trucks.

Croatan_Kid

Definitely replace the front springs. It's easy, not very expensive and the stock, negative arch springs suck. A 4 inch spring will be less than 250 a set.

tsmall07

Croatan_Kid said:
Definitely replace the front springs. It's easy, not very expensive and the stock, negative arch springs suck. A 4 inch spring will be less than 250 a set.
Ok...Thats true. I'm used to a coil sprung front end and forgot about the negative arch.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1028 is a 1 and a quarter ton truck. If I remember right the whole spring pack is longer than the 3/4 ton and the lift must be at least for a 1 ton to be compatable.

AJMBLAZER

Just make sure it has the 56" long rear springs. Half tons and light duty 3/4 tons got the 52" rear springs while heavy 3/4 tons and 1 tons got the 56" long rear springs.
The shackle flips are good but remember if you don't move the rear axle back an inch or so it will be forwards about an inch of where it was when stock.

For the money the best "over the shelf" kits come from BDS and Tough Country. I know some people like Superlift's newer springs but I'm wary after trouble I've seen other people have in the past.
There's always custom packs too...Deaver, National Spring, Alcan, Atlas Spring, Eaton, etc etc etc. Super quality but you pay for it.

DON'T rearch springs. The ride will be stiffer and the springs will shortly start to sag at least back to their original position. You're taking a piece of spring steel and forcing it into a position it "doesn't want" to go to. It works in a pinch but it's obsolete tech in every way.

Anything you EVER wanted to know about lifting, modifying, restoring, driving, loving, etc a 73-87(91) GM fullsize:
www.ColoradoK5.com

Croatan_Kid

You can get most aftermarket springs in a higher spring rating that the stock ones. Also, the only "off the shelf" kit I've ever seen that was actually listed as being made for a 1-ton was by SkyJacker and I even have a write up of on being installed on an M-1008 by Peterson's 4wheel & Off-Road. :D

AJMBLAZER

Superlift makes one as well specifically for 1 tons.

Anyone's 3/4 ton springs will work fine for a 1 ton since the springs are the same dimension in the front be it half ton, three quarter ton, or one tone. The rear is the complicated part.