• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best way?

Cigarjoe

Ok I have a M101 and I want to pull it with my M1008 and my civilian truck. So what is the best way to do this with the wiring? Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

JAYHAWK 1962

There is a 4 pin adapter for the military plug to civilian wiring. I do not remember who sells it maybe eastern surplus but it is one of the big guys in the surplus truck market.

KsM715

Just splice a 4 pin plug along side and into the military wiring. That way you dont have an adapter to worry about losing and you can use the trailer with either truck at any time. Make sure your trailer has 12v bulbs in taillights.

Cigarjoe

Thanks guys. I just found at Saturn a military style female plug that only has 7 wires for a civilian truck. Has anyone used one or know anything about them?

LanceRobson

Thanks guys. I just found at Saturn a military style female plug that only has 7 wires for a civilian truck. Has anyone used one or know anything about them?
If 6 are flat terminals in a circle pattern with a round center post it is a 7 wire RV connector. Very common for bigger trailers with electric brakes and brake system battery to charge etc. You can get a 7 wire RV to 4 wire flat adaptor.

Unless you have a truck with 24 volt trailer connections I'd go with 12 Volt lamps and forget the expense of the LEDs.

If it were my trailer I'd take the cover of the front frame rail and patch in a 4 wire flat connector.

Lance

kc5mzd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you put LED lights on it, you're good from 10V to ~48V. Just splice in a civvy connector, and you're good to go.
LED bulbs are the way to go. Any other way is going to make the bulbs to dim or burn out. A few LEDs only work on 12v just make sure you get the ones that work with 12-24v and you should be good.

I am not sure about the brakes...