• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this? Dave?

Adamlee

rmgill said:
This is a '47 Diamond T. Was there a WWII version and what's the capacity weight wise? Any other specifics?
Ryan, take a look in your old Crismon's US Military Wheeled Vehicles, it's probably in there somewhere.

I don't have my copy handy, but I bet it's mentioned. Is this a barn find? Does it have a US registration number anywhere? Is it tandem axle or no? The pic suggests a cab & chassis, but we can't see the back axle(s).

Neat 40's looking bugs bunny cab style.

OK, I saw where that came from, but I won't mention it :roll:

Now I see it is a single rear axle chassis-cab setup. Looks like a heckuva project, should you choose to undertake it. And pretty far from you, too!

rmgill

RE: Re: What

It's being looked at by one of my armored car owning buddies in our WWII Re-enacting unit. We'd all like to have period looking US, Canadian or British trucks for hauling our vehicles to Events and something that'll be capable too. I'm leaning towards our owning a couple of large trucks collectively or getting a couple of guys in the group that do so. The fellow in question will be working on a Pole Barn for his land in virginia so we'll be set for a place to store BIG vehicles in the area. Between a our other main member in the group that has a 5 bay barn in PA and this first chap we'll be set for vehicle storage.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: What

This truck I believe a transporter for searchlights from about 1938-39 - I am on the road with none of my records, but I feel strongly that I am correct. I'll try to get more info for you next week.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Adamlee

diamond T

do you have a copy of the "us army wheeled vehicles" by fred crismon, ryan?

maybe one of your buddies has one....it has some totally obscure stuff in there, pretty much the "original" bible of MV identification for those of us who found it in the early 80's...even though it has it's faults....

I definitley think it'd make a neat vehicel hauler....very period correct appearing....