• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel balance?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Well what about it? Anyone balance their wheels? How is the weight of the CTIS stuff offset on the wheel? I balanced my M-35 wheels and found that it did not matter unless they were more than 16 oz out.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can balance them .most don't need it. If it's got a slight shimmy then break it down and turn it a quarter turn on the wheel and reset the bead. Reinstall and see if it's better or worse.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Nothing. It does not need anything either with or without it. They are fine either way.

I've ran them on 5 ton trucks. With the valve and without. Nothing changes.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 1600x20s on HEMTT rims on my M920 and I had to put about 70 oz of EQUAL tire balance material into each tire and that seemed to balance them just fine!
Karl

coachgeo

there is a couple threads in here on this topic that pretty much hits all the same questions and ideas being asked here. searching for ( Pellets, Equal, Tire ) Im guessing would find the threads

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a couple threads in here on this topic that pretty much hits all the same questions and ideas being asked here. searching for ( Pellets, Equal, Tire ) Im guessing would find the threads
It's also recorded, with the threads referenced, in the "Common Issues & Fixes" guide in my signature here.