• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel loses air

Lmtv772

Banned
I am having something odd happening to the ctis. the right front tire loses air, and the cutis doesn't like inflating it. I inflated it using the air hose.
last time it held tire pressure for a week, then for a day and now for an hour, is there a valve that I can adjust the flow to the tire with?
What does this phillips screw in the center of the ctis valve do?
I've cycled the air system a few times , not sure if that helps
Also, what is the procedure to service the dryer?

Lmtv772

Banned
I've seen a thread here that described the wheel valves, but I can't find it anymore.
Does anyone remember that post?

Lmtv772

Banned
So I unbolted that valve and checked out what I could see inside.
4.jpgInside there was a load of sand...
5.jpg... there was a membrane, a metal cup, a spring, the retaining cover and 4 bolts. I blew through the hoses with compressed air and there was more sand coming out. It felt like they ran the CTIS on sand instead of air.
6.jpgI then put it all together again, and it seemed like it the wheel was holding air. Let's see what it looks like tomorrow.

Blackmagic94

One light flashing means it's trying to reach the desired tire pressure setting on the box. So most likely hwy mode of 65 psi. One it hits that pressure the light turns solid. Can you hear the air valve open and click?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks