• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheelbase width?

chicklin

What is the stock deuce's wheelbase width? The overall truck width from the TM is 96", but I can't seem to find a wheelbase width. My hauler needs to know for some reason (8 ft. was not specific enough, I guess). Any help?

outside to outside of the front hubs is 79" i will measure one here shortly and let you know. but the front is narrower then that and the rear is a few inches more.. 8' wide trailer will hold the truck fine. but i will get you exact measurements if it seems to help the hauler

chicklin

Re: RE: Wheelbase width?

Offroadfabworks said:
outside to outside of the front hubs is 79" i will measure one here shortly and let you know. but the front is narrower then that and the rear is a few inches more.. 8' wide trailer will hold the truck fine. but i will get you exact measurements if it seems to help the hauler
Awesome, thanks!

No.2Diesel

I think the correct term your looking for is: "Track Width"

The center to center of the outside duals is approx. 82"

If you adhere to the "trackwidth" term than that would be the center to center between the duals (which is 70")

chicklin

Re: RE: Wheelbase width?

No.2Diesel said:
I think the correct term your looking for is: "Track Width"

The center to center of the outside duals is approx. 82"

If you adhere to the "trackwidth" term than that would be the center to center between the duals (which is 70")
So, the actual width from outside to outside of the duals would be wider, maybe another 8-10 inches or so?

Hammer

RE: Re: RE: Wheelbase width?

Shipping dimensions list the track width of 70", which is the center of duals to center of duals.
And they show overall width, outside of tire to outside of tire to be 94".
TM55-2320-209-15-1 page 2-9

chicklin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Wheelbase width?

Hammer said:
Shipping dimensions list the track width of 70", which is the center of duals to center of duals.
And they show overall width, outside of tire to outside of tire to be 94".
TM55-2320-209-15-1 page 2-9
Great info, thanks.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Wheelbase width?

Hammer said:
.....And they show overall width, outside of tire to outside of tire to be 94".....
It sure depends on tire size and brand, e.g. Denman 9.00-20s are bigger (and wider) than the Goodyears and these are bigger than the Korean NDCCs.
Mine measured only 92" overall width, the tires being only as wide as the rims themselves.

G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks