• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When pictures don't match event and lot number

Ratch

Anyone know what happens when the event and lot number don't match the description?

IE, there's a serial number and particular nomenclature listed in the description, but in the photos, there's a different nomenclature, different serial #, but the event and lot number are clearly matching that auction.

Maybe a better example:

Event 5000, lot 5001
Description:
M105a2, serial number 123456

Photos in the auction show:
M105a2, serial 123456, and an M101A3, serial number 654321, sticker with Event 5000, lot 5001 on the M101a3

Anyone ever see this before?
If I win this auction, what do I get when I show up for recovery? The M101a3 with the matching event/lot #, or the M105a2 matching the description serial number? Or do I get both? :p

Big difference to my recovery plan...

mikey

I see it from time to time.

I won't post links to active auctions but on a certain website there is currently an M820A2 5 ton being auctioned as an M35A3 2.5 ton.

Not sure how it all works out though as I've never bid on an incorrect lot.

Mikey

quickfarms

The items listed in the description, not the title, control.

The photos are just a bonus.

It is the buyers responsibility to inspect the items prior to bidding.

This is based on previous experiance with GL

Ratch

Well that answers any challenge I may make...

I'm wondering now if the GL staff on site, would bring out the item with the event/lot sticker on it instead of the matching-serial item. I vaguely recall the staffers checking the serial on prior recovery's at one site, but not at another. They dropped it in my trailer and said "Sign here...seeya" :D