• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When singling out 9.00 x 20s?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never done it, but when singling out the rears, you just use the budd caps and not the nuts.

If I happen to be wrong, someone please chime in here...but I'm pretty sure that this is the right way....some will say to flip the hubs too, but if you're running 900's still, I think that is just a personal preference.

Westech

CPL
Just get lug nuts.. there like 1.25 each.. the front lug nuts will work on the back. oops my bad.. only for a short trip.. just use the inner lug nuts.. like what you have pictured will work just fine.

emr

I got the short trip, but i think more accidents happen on short trips than long ones, Sure it will be fine, I just would not drive the truck with that much wheel under the truck, these trucks were never intended to be singled with 900s, If one rear wheel were to blow in a turn the other 900 would be severly over loaded and a catastrofic failure may and probably would occur, just sayin. ...He asked, In my opinion, its a no go on a public road. but sure He will make it...And what one guy gets away with does not make it safe for another....

rattlecan6104

I'm pretty sure he isn't going to have a heavy load in the bed, I understand where you are coming from but look at it realistically. Provided he is not hauling anything, a short 30 mile trip on only 6 tires, 2 of which are in original configuration -- the front axle, the other 4 are supporting an empty bed which is most likely the light end of the truck. He should be fine set up the way he has it pictured so long as he follows all safety precautions... ie cautionary speed limit signs.

Reactions: emr

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Locate the following issues of Military Vehicles Magazine for articles pertaining to this:

Dual to single conversion", Issue #79, May/June 2000

"How to: Match the tires on your deuce", Issue #85, June 2001

"How to: Drive on side slopes", Issue #87, October 2001

The side slope driving bit has to do with the effect of the changing CG and how to calculate it.

DUECE-COUPE

Flip the hubs and use front lug nut from NAPa. that's all they did when they made the A3. that's what i di when i bobbed mine out. drive nice too