• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I buy king pin studs?

Thompsona3

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get kingpin studs that are 1/2 in 20 tpi and 5 in long. I am useing regular hex bolts right now but want to get ones with the right size center so there isn't play in the kingpin.

sweetk30

what ?

your question didn't make sense . not enough info .

the studs for the upper cap/steering arm ? on a dana 60 front .

if so there is lots of 4x4 parts shops with them .

or are we working on a blazer with 1/2 on axles ?

Chaski

Steering arm studs can be had from ARP... Just not 5" long ones. You can get a 2 foot long grade 8 stud from McMaster-Carr and cut your own. Part number 90322A166. They also sell tapered nuts, part number 4991T965.

Personally I'd never run a riser block under a steering arm, which must be what you are doing to need 5" studs. You can get the ARP studs from Reid Racing, but they are only 3.4" long

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have run the 60 stsering arm block before. I don't care for the design. Torsional stress on those long studs must be massive.

sweetk30

o.k. as posted ord has good stuff.

I have aslo run a lift block / spacer for the dana 60 stuff IT SUCKED !!!!! only in my truck a few weeks then out it come .

best way is 3-4" lift but still stock steering = drop pitman arm for steering box .

perfect world 4" or more = crossover steering . ord has nice kits . BEEFY stuff. requires 2wd steering box swap . easy to do .

I would not run threaded rod even grade 8 for this application . lot of moving forces at play here .

if you MUST run a spacer / steering block get a ord one . 10x better design over those cast un even sloppy off the shelf units . those tend to loose tension on the king pin spring and create death whobble problems .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Death wobble was a huge issue for mine. Even with the sprung steering stabilizer it was hard to control. When the block was abandoned, the death wobble left with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks