• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I find heater intake scoop? + PTO Handle lock

Massm35a2

I would like to install a heater intake scoop on my engine compartment side panel. Does anyone know where I could find one? I have A MULTIFUEL heater and want to hook a hose to get some fresh air instead of engine compartment air.

I am also installing the PTO and I have the handle that comes up in the cab but, I am missing the little spring lock that holds the pto in neutral on the floor.

Thanks for any help. This group is great.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Mass, I think I have a scoop, I will take a look.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn has the safety clip for the PTO lever...they have alot of stuff. Never seen the scoop, I would like to find one, the hole looks funny

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Will, what kind of engine is that valve and bearing from in your avatar? Looks mighty large! I have a side scoop on my other duece that looks very easy to reproduce with sheet metal.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The valve is from a Waukesha, an exh . valve. The bearing is from a Cummins L model, HUGE locomotive engine..well smaller than an EMD or Fairbanks Morse..but big, It's a rod brg. Can you scetch some measurements? I can most likely make it.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'll be heading up there this coming week to work on it, I'll pull it off and take all the measurements or you can borrow it to copy. Got any locomotive pistons laying around? I've always wanted one for my garage. I once got a tour of the yard in Glendale where they rebuild the locomotive engines, that was awesome.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I looked this morning before I came to work, I don't have a scoop in my inventory, sorry.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Loco pistons, those engines have gone the way of the Dodo. We don't see them any more. Wanna see an injector? I checked at Saturn for the scoop, none listed. I'll try AVT and see if Norm has some. That would be great if you could get the dimensions, Thanks!