• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where does the o ring go on wheel

Coalman

I have a m35a3 and am in the process of fixing a leaky tire. does the o'ring go in the beveled groove between the two halves Just checking as I do not want to have to tear it apart again Thanks

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since it should be pretty self evident where the o-ring goes, I'll guess that your O-ring doesn't match up the with the groove?

If it's too big, run cold water over it, too small = hot water.

Coalman

I just want to make sure we are both on the same page When the 2 halves come apart there is a beveled groove between them is that where you are meaning ? Sorry for the stupid question but that looks like the only place it can go and the TM does not show Thanks again

Deuce007

This is going to be something that I have to do in the near future so can you tell me whether or not these steps are correct?

1 remove the entire rim with the tire still on it from the axle
2 undo the bolts holding the two haves of the rim together
3 remove the tire and beadlock from the rim
4 take off the old o-ring and wire brush the groove where it used to be
5 coat the new o-ring heavily in lube
6 put the beadlock and tire back on the rim
7 put the rim back together
8 put the rim back on the axle

My main question is what kind of lube do you use in step 5?

This is going to be something that I have to do in the near future so can you tell me whether or not these steps are correct?

1 remove the entire rim with the tire still on it from the axle
2 undo the bolts holding the two haves of the rim together
3 remove the tire and beadlock from the rim
4 take off the old o-ring and wire brush the groove where it used to be
5 coat the new o-ring heavily in lube
6 put the beadlock and tire back on the rim
7 put the rim back together
8 put the rim back on the axle

My main question is what kind of lube do you use in step 5?
I believe you are missing a critical step between 1/2, deflating the air from the tire. I know this is probably implicit. But for some folks that may reference this, it is very important.

Good luck when you do it. I observed the guys in the shop do mine and I was glad I was watching.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe you are missing a critical step between 1/2, deflating the air from the tire. I know this is probably implicit. But for some folks that may reference this, it is very important.

Good luck when you do it. I observed the guys in the shop do mine and I was glad I was watching.
When you take off all the CTIS stuff it would deflate....(you can't get the lug nut off the hollow stud without removing the elbow, so automatic deflate)

Last edited:
I don't think the CTIS holds pressure between the wheel stud and the value (only when testing or adjusting pressure). My understanding was that the pressurized side was between the valve and the wheel stem.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the CTIS holds pressure between the wheel stud and the value (only when testing or adjusting pressure). My understanding was that the pressurized side was between the valve and the wheel stem.
My mistake. But you're still going to have to take off the CTIS stuff first, deflating the tire if you haven't already. The elbow I was thinking of is to the turret. That would have to be removed to seperate the rims.

Last edited: