• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get a rebuild kit for CUCV alternator

Don-T

Well, now that I have my M1009 back on the road I decided to clean up the rest of the old oil/grease from the old leaks. While doing that I managed to get some water in the passenger side alternator and didn’t let it dry enough before I started it and run it just long enough to drive it back into the garage. An hour later I went back out to the garage to find it smelling like an electrical fire. It only took a few seconds to figure out it was coming under the hood. I opened it up to find smoke pouring out of the passenger side alternator. I quickly disconnected the batteries. The smoke stopped soon after. I checked the case temperature of the alternator with a digital temperature gauge. It was at 320*F. I have not tried to start the engine but I am pretty sure the alternator needs to be rebuilt. Does anyone know where I can get good parts to do the rebuild?