• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get M101A2 surge brake parts

CPOTHunter

Does anyone know where I can get a new master cylinder for the surge brake system on an M101A2? Recently got the trailer and am slowing going through it and fixing various problems. May also need new brake lines. Any help would be appreciated.

KsM715

When you click on search look under the "show posts" "show threads" buttons. It says Advanced Search in yellow, click on that. It allows you to narrow down your search parameters to specific forums like "trailers"

Also when doing a search put a + inbetween multiple words. (surge+brake) that will keep you from getting all the threads with just the word brake in them.

Last edited:

Nonotagain

And while you are getting the master cylinder, check the shock. If it compresses easily, it's time to replace it before you find out that the brakes are jerky.

Part number for the shock is 2044-1.

Easy to do now plus you save on the shipping.

blybrook

I just rebuilt mine. You can get the master cylinder from Napa but you need to modify a transmission copper gasket to work for the bolt. Otherwise get
it all from croft. I'd also recommend replacing all the bolts. I had the 1/4 in bolt for the actuator break internally and cause the brakes to lock up. It is an easy job if you have the right tools. Brake line and fittings are available from the local parts house also.

Last edited:

CPOTHunter

Great! I really appreciate the help. I would not have thought to replace the bolts, but might as well since it is realtively cheap and easy to do now. Thanks again.