• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to mount solarizer

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just my 24 volt solarizer in the mail but did not come with mounting info. Where have you other guys mounted them on your duce? Pictures would help. Where and how did you mount the solar panel and where did you locate the black box? Thanks Dave

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Many trucks I have seen they put it on the cowl between the windshield and the hood. I would put it where ever it will see the most sunlight. Sorry, no pics at work.

Kwai

I just set it on the roof in direct sunlight. Put it back in the cab when I use the truck. The black box I fastened the bulkhead behind the passenger seat using double-sided tape.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mount it facing up. My truck came with it mounted on the floor vent door, which is kinda dumb. When I mount the convoy lights, I will mount it toward the top of the pole facing God.

m109guy

Manufacturer recommends installing it outside, on top of the cowl, like gimpyrobb suggested.

Here is the manual for reference. Right click on the little picture below and select "open in new window" or "open in new tab" to download the file.

I have seen some people install it standing up against the passenger side window. Outside on top of the cowl would help it perform better though.

Last edited:

willey10

I made a hanger out of parachute cord and hang in inside my windshield off the wiper motor on my M715 and just set it down behind the seat in a cloth bag when not in use.

littlebob

Anybody know if flourescent lighting will work? Mines on jackstands and in the garage, but if it would help while I'm in ther with the lights on I would hook it up.
littlebob

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a copy of the manual that came with my kit in the TM section. I took my idea from jdtoumanian and made a removable mount that clips on the side window.

jatonka

I was going to mention the same thing as Jim-M35A2, I saw them mounted on the cowl ahead of the windshield many times at Fort Drum, NY on deuces and 5 tons, pretty poor idea for the snow belt.. I mounted my first 2 like the army did and they are about useless all winter. Right when you really want them to be doing their thing. The next ones got mounted inside the windshield, passenger side lower corner, much better location. Still, the snow often obscurs it there and I have to trudge through the drifts to clean them off or I get poor results. I always mount the black controll box in the battery compartment on the front wall toward the right front tire. I mount them sideways so the little blinking red light faces out toward the doorway. Much easier to see if your solargizer is pulsing away. JT

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks everyone for the help. I realized when I went out to mount it by the book and had to brush the snow off the cowl that maybe that was not the best place!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks