• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to tap into acc. output?

AJMBLAZER

There's a diamond shaped terminal with two posts to the passenger side of the brake master cylinder. It's 12v constant. I'm powering my radio off of that. Good place to get lights and all that off of.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't remember if the CUCV fuse block has the "BAT" and "IGN" spaces that the civilian trucks do, but I think so. They are for adding circuits.

Check at the top of the fuse block for an open space labelled "IGN". Test it to be sure, but it should have power under both situations. Use a spade connector and plug into it.

I went through my fuse box with a test light. They were hot with and without the key on. I used the 12 volt terminal block to tap into constant 12 volt already, but want a source of power when the key is used, both acc. and on / run.
I wonder if the cucv has one available?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check each individual fuse. Once you find the one you need, you can use a commercial fuse tap to draw power from that.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The spaces I was referring to are empty (no fuses) and accept a single spade. I'm not near a CUCV to look and see if they are there, but they are usually near the top of the box or along the side. Only the ones labelled BAT (I think that's what they say?) should have power all the time. I used one of these terminals labelled IGN to power a relay on my civilian truck, but, come to think of it, I can't swear it works in the ACC position?

AJMBLAZER

There is a constant 12v source in the fuse box. There was a chart of the fuse box showing where it was in the FAQ. Not sure if it's still there.

ida34

He is looking for a key activated source hot in both acc and run. I looked and could not find a fuse block diagram with labels. I would do what Kenny said. If you can't find a spade terminal that works in acc and run then tap one of the fuses that will give you what you want. If I remember correctly I had to tap a fuse because of the lack of a connection for my M1009.

Last edited:

AJMBLAZER

Oh, doh, I read that wrong, ignition eh? There's a few switched 12v (IGN) in the CUCV fuse box. Again, the diagram in the FAQ, if it's still there, shows them.

Last I knew NAPA could still get the correct GM style fuse taps for doing this sort of thing. However you have to find a counter guy who knows a bit about it.

AJMBLAZER

Just thought of something. There is no ACC on CUCV ignitions. Just run and start (and off obviously). In the run position the lights come on and the radio will turn on but you're also cycling the gp's.

This is why I rewired my radio last summer so that it only gets constant 12v and I have an on/off switch for it. I just switch it on and off as I start or turn off the truck. I can sit in the truck now with the engine off and have the radio on without having to have the key in it or the gp's cycling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks