• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's the canvas bed covers...

AJMBLAZER

I forget the official name but I know they exist. I'm just sorta snooping around now but can't find the canvas bed covers for the CUCV pickups anywhere. The canvas covers that were sorta a military bed topper.

Do these even exist as surplus?

acetomatoco

RE: Where

I have a brand new in the box Arctic Body Cover for the M1008 CUCV. $200. Quilted canvas and mucho heavy... The regular cargo covers were mostly vinyl, but the repro guys can make you a canvas one...

AJMBLAZER

RE: Where

Any idea where to get the covers and all the bows and hardware? I haven't been able to find even the slightest hint of them so far.

papercu

Bed covers

H i I'm sorry I meant to post the link. I have them on ebay, item number 200128538324 or my seller id is wharris19. these are small, round and about 2 1/4 diameter. Thanks, Wayne

papercu

bed covers

Forget that link I just posted it was something else and was for a a email tyo someone else. I don't know how I manage to do that. Wayne

papercu

Bed Covers

This is for the vinyl ones. The official name is Top Assembly, Truck Body, Detachable the NSN is 2540-01-191-8549 and has the parts numbers of
GPA-0021 and 14072475.
I don't know if they will sell one but GMCA has one for the "Kit, Cover Assy, CUCV II, Green" and it has the same NSN as the CUCV one. Wayne

acetomatoco

RE: Bed Covers

I picked up a nice cover for my generator trailer on the surge brake M116A2 chassis....vinyl with all straps and ropes intact for good $... There was a pile of deuce canvas brought in which lasted about 5 minutes... the vendor sold out of all his truckload of goodies in about 45 minutes....always good finds at the VT show...

Pinz

RE: Bed Covers

Does anyone know where to pick up a set of bows and the related hardware to put the cover on? Been looking for a while myself with no luck. any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Cory

AJMBLAZER

Anybody gets a lead on these things lemme know.

These things not survive the troops' handling or were they more rare than I seem to remember them being?

m38inmaine

The covers do come in handy and look good but I had one on my truck and drove many miles on them in the military. The big drawback is that it sticks up high and the front really catches the wind, it's like a big sail and you can really feel the wind drag and it's noisy. My unit canned all the covers and made local purchases for hard tops and just painted them camo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks