• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Deuce, 923 or 925?

DEUCE1209

Welcome to the site! You are talking about 2 different trucks. The deuce is a 2.5 ton and all the 939 series trucks are 5 tons. The whistler turbos are found in the deuce. as for the 92x"s, it all depends on what you like and need it for. They are all great trucks. Good luck finding the one you like.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Hi. Those aren't deuces; they're 5-tons. "Deuce" is short for "deuce and a half", which refers to the 2-1/2 ton cargo rating of the 2.5-ton trucks.

Of the trucks you listed, only the A2 variants have a turbocharger, but I don't know if it whistles much. The other ones have normally-aspirated NHC250 engines. Let's see if I remember all of this correctly:

M923: 5-ton cargo with NHC250 engine and 11x20 dual wheels.
M923A1: Same as M923, but with 14x20 single wheels.
M923A2: 5-ton cargo with a smaller turbocharged engine, 14x20 single wheels, and CTIS.

Deucejunkie

Im sorry for sounding like an ill-informed idiot. I did know they are a little different. Thanks for the speedy responses! I do want the 5ton and now know the diff of a 923, A1 and A2. It would be used for parades and mild offroad. Is the turbo worth it?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS.
Be sure that it is a 5-ton that you want. There is more difference than just twice the load hauling capacity.
Search for the comparison, you will find a lot of good reading to assist in the 2.5 v. 5 decision.

Deucejunkie

I love the bigger lookn 5ton. Im not blessed with mechanical knowledge, so i need to buy something that has been rebuilt and in good running condition. I was curious if the M35 Cat engine is more reliable the the 5ton Cummins.

RetiredNavy

DJ, the 5 tons are a little more complicated than the M35A2 series and much more heavier. Thus resulting in lower fuel mileage and pricier parts. IHO, I would start with a M35A2 and learn what makes it tick, make your own repairs, then move up when you gain more skill and knowledge. Most of all, have fun! Own a piece of history. My 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks