• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Gauge do I need more? boost or pyro

i need to add a gauge to see what the garage did to my truck, and I got 2 different answers of what gauge I NEED ! I bought the Boost gauge as I was told that would be far better and more accurate than the pyro for how much the engine is doing since it was "played with" Basicly it seems that if you keep your boost below 15 then the EGT should be at a safe level. yes no? I cant afford both now, but I dont want to take chances on ruining the engine. it has a front headgasket leak but still holds its own and isnt loosing compression. so I want to re-tourque it forst and then if need be replace the gasket. ( was sold the 2 piece unit) is this ok? anyway any help would be greatful

Thank you

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pryo is the most important!. Since your fuel rate has been reset, the exaust gas temp is a need to know. Espacilly if your are driving on hilly roads, loaded or not.

houdel

Definitely the pyro. That being said, a pyro will run you about $135 - $150, a boost gauge is only $40 - $50. But buy the pyro first.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to find the seller on ebay I got mine from, no luck. It is a skysport/westach gauge, was about 50 bucks, and sender was 30. Gauge is for an airplane and works just fine for me. I seem to remember only paying about 60 bucks total, so one of my figures is off. Search egt and pyrometer on ebay and there are some going pretty cheap.

Dennis

Last edited:

rdixiemiller

The pyro gauge is the important thing. I picked mine up on E-Bay for $35, look under aircraft parts. They use a standard "K" thermocouple, also available on E-Bay. I think my t-couple was $15, then the fitting was $5. Sometimes you will find kits for sale at good prices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks