• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which motor to swap in...

desertfish

the first truck i learned to drive was a 62 frut linener cab over with 4x4 trans and a 220 cummins with a turbo the old man told me that made it a 262. back in the day the 220 was a comon moter but the 262 and 335's was the big power then. he also told me that if i could learn to drive that truck that there would not be a truck on the road that i would not be able to drive and boy let me tell ya he was right hell today if i go to a trucking company and just told them that i can drive twinn sticks a had a job on the spot.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
lets try a 48 mack with a tricked 220, a 5 main ,6 browny 3 axle ,longgg wheel base, equipment transport tractor, i drove this daily to work in the late 6os,early 70s in san diego. sure was given right of way, a whole lot of fun to drive

Trango

Hey Guys,

Just a little more information on the swap. I got my deuce up to about 67 mph or so last night on some short trips on the highway behind my house... that's with the 3208 and the .69 OD tranny. Accelerration is good, AS IS the top speed. I should be able to do 73MPH at 2600 RPM and above 75 at 2800 rpm redline... but 70 is fast enough for me! Once I get some scratch to throw some 11r22.5's (or even 10r22.5's!) on the rims I have, I'll be going way, way faster and closer to 2000 rpm's.

Just think - a deuce that can keep up with highway traffic! That will be so cool.

Bob

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me tell you something! If i'm cruisin along in my pickup at 65 and a deuce pulled up along the side, I would probably pass out. Please don't bring that thing around these parts, I don't want to crash while driving, I've still got projects to finish!

hot rod deuce

HEHE....you should see the looks when i cuse by people on the freeway with 16.00's our free way is only 65 and going about 71 it takes a while to catch them but when you do it a sight to behold when a 53 inch tire sneeks up on them

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HRD, if I saw your truck coming up on me, I woudl most certainly crash. My wife insists I'll soon have neck problems from snapping my head when even a stock deuce catches my eye. I haven't forgot the axle, just been covered up with crap to do. I'll drift out today I hope and get a pic of it. Still need it?
KE

hot rod deuce

yeah i hear you...ive been trying to get a turbo to red devils dude for like 2 months but its the busy season and hours when the shipping depot is open are few...are there any multi fuel parts you would like to trade for? i just got another gasser but i need the front axle oviously but there is a OD trany and whole pto winch.

whats an utica bend?

mangus580

HRD... Me and RDD were talking about said turbo today... and I asked him if it was a whistler or not... he said he didnt know, and kept forgeting to ask you... so I am!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hehe, Utica Bend was one of the OTHER deuce makers. HRD, the pic of the axle is in the Wanted section. I'll PM you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks