• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which paint color ? ? ?

Chief1900

Jason I may get corrected here but I believe the camo for the 70's was a four color pattern. The standard was written in 1975 detailing the four color camo system.The tri-color standards started in the early 80's. As far as the color your looking for, it would depend on the climate and geographical area of operation. You would pick from OD green, Forest green, Dark green, Light green, or Field drab. Other colors are associated with dessert and mountain regions.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you wanted to do your 880 Dodge like it might have been painted in the 1980s, but didn't want to do a camo paint job, I recommend 383 Green. For late 1970s, maybe Forest Green would be best.

LibertyDeuce

Jason
The four color cammo is the MERDC pattern. The web site olive-drab.com has a great article about it and is full of technical info. Give a look at it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think what he is looking for is the 383 green that is used in the current 3 color schemes as shown in the TB 43-209 dated OCT 1990. It is the green base that the majority of trucks being currently released are painted. The origional paint was probably the 4 color as shown in TB 43-0147 dated DEC 1975.

emr

my guess is the original was still 24087 in the glove box, even those years, David Doyles standard catalog, is Your best bet to learn all U can about the years and color variations, that way U will see U can do...24087 OD, 4 color , 3 color and the variations of the 3 color or a straight forest or straight 383 or even white and be correct for somewhere... :D ...Randy

Sarge

N1265,
in service I remember when our 715's got replaced with 880's.
Ours were all painted MERDC.
I never really liked 880's, especially after mine caught fire and blew up on the autobahn.
Your 880 has changed my mind, that is really SWEET.
Darn, now I need yet another MV. Thanks a lot.
Joking aside, I really like the paint job you have and also want to congratulate you on a job well done.
-Sarge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks