• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

which paint?

levisaacs

doing a restoration on a 1966 m35a2. whats a good brand of paint to spray on once i have the body work complete.

Jimma

I used Gillespie 383 green on the main parts of the truck. Then had HD match it with the Behr premium flat latex for all the troop seats and bows. It matched exactly. If that's the color you want I can get you the paint codes from a can of mine. It's perfect.

bigginstactical

It depends on what you want. If you want your new paint job to "chalk" like an old military truck the go with the house style paint. If you want a paint job that looks new but not super shiny try AUE100. Its a product of the ALK line which is an industrial paint. Sticks very well and comes in many colors or you can tint it if you want. Also you can adjust the gloss level with flattening up to about 30%. Works well, we use the normal ALK for trailers and cabinets and things in our autobody shop. The AUE is better quaility then the ALK and very cheap compared to other automotive paints. Ill be using it soon on my deuce build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks