• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which TM Covers the Gun Ring Mounting?

dabtl

I am particularly interested in the door leg socket hardware.

Mine has rusty holes which appear to be threaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
the ring mounts are covered in TM9-224 and TM9- 2016 - both available as reprints from Portrayal Press - but from your question I'm not sure they will address your concern.

Can you be more specific?

Regards,
David Doyle

dabtl

I need to know what size bolts hold the front leg socket to the body and what if mine are simply rusted out.

The truck had the leg socket, but it was removed a long time ago.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If you are talking about a G742 - the clamp near near the hinges on the passenger door is not part of the MG mount, rather it is part of the truck - they ALL had them, whether or not the ring mount was ever installed. Part numbers and sizes of bolts are found in the truck manual (ORD9 - -P). Mine are still packed from move.

Best wishes,
David

acetomatoco

I have a take off front leg mount... part of the truck... here for $50. TM 9-1005-245-14 covers Various Machine Gun Mounts and Combinations used on Tactical and Armored Vehicles.

dabtl

Anyone have a photo of the front leg mount on a truck? The reason is sermis says the bolts are the same as those holding the dash onto the truck. Those appear to be Phillips head screws.

Pardon our stupidity, but I feel like I did the first time I ever tried to fix an automatic transmission. What is wrong? Having never looked closely at one before, figuring out what it should look like is a problem.

dabtl

Anyone have a photo of the front leg mount on a truck? The reason is sermis says the bolts are the same as those holding the dash onto the truck. Those appear to be Phillips head screws.

Pardon our stupidity, but I feel like I did the first time I ever tried to fix an automatic transmission. What is wrong? Having never looked closely at one before, figuring out what it should look like is a problem.

dabtl

OK, got the mystery solved today. The bolts are 1 inch long 3/8 fine thread. I finally got a 3/8 fine thread tap and cleaned out the mess. Worked fine.

Now I have to take one of the legs to the welder for some remedial work, minor.

The next item will be the installing of the reinforcing kit. Be prepared for more questions.

jwaller

I just installed my reinforcing kit and man what a job. 100 steel rivets and it does make a difference. glad I did it. make sure to line it all up so you can get to all the holes after it's in. then start drilling and popping rivets.

sermis

OOPS, the larger bolt that holds the dash and not the smaller screw type. There should have been a bolt on the drivers side.
Where did you get the reinforcement kit for the cab? I am in need of one.

dabtl

Re: RE: Which TM Covers the Gun Ring Mounting?

sermis said:
OOPS, the larger bolt that holds the dash and not the smaller screw type. There should have been a bolt on the drivers side.
Where did you get the reinforcement kit for the cab? I am in need of one.
Got it off eBay. $175

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks