• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

which trailer floats?

DeuceNewb

I was looking through an old jeep magazine and they had a picture of some people in trailers rowing down a creek as part of a challange, and all that was mentioned was that they were military surplus trailers designed to float , and were small enough to be towed behind a wrangler

Lex_Ordo

All the 1/4 Ton trailers are capable of floating since they are solid steel tubs. They have two drain holes and plugs that can be closed when fording, or opened to allow draining.

The Canadian 1/4 Ton does not have the plugs that the US 1/4 Tons do.
Instead there are four small drain holes in the corners of the tub. All you need to close them up, are some correct size rubber plugs to stop the hole and voula, another floating trailer.

Attachments

PigIron

How well does that float? Front to back and side to side? Is it made to float still connected to vehicle? If not does the tongue make it nosedive?
RH

alfred10

Do they still float if they have rust holes? How much do those run? Looks like a good survival item since it can be used as a last ditch boat...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they still float if they have rust holes? How much do those run? Looks like a good survival item since it can be used as a last ditch boat...
Not only do the rust holes seriously diminish the water displacement required for bouyancy, they also have a negative effect on your max speed in the hydro-mode.... You probably won't be able to pull any waterskiers with a rusty/crusty hull:cookoo:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice looking trailer.. next year i hope to have mine all done up nice and neat.. not much rust but missing lunette and ill have to weld up some holes that were cut in the top portion . some tires and a cover and im good to go i didnt know that it floated.. i can row around the pond and fish now