• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which trailer should I get? How to mount fuel tank? Where to buy?

alfred10

I want a trailer that any vehicle including a deuce can pull. Im guessing the used military trailers are super heavy duty and cheap. Do any of them float? Is it safe to mount some type of tank to hold fuel? I was thinking a plastic residential fuel oil tank. Not sure how safe or legal this is. What trailer is best without out spending a ton of money and where do I get one? Would prefer to stay under 500

Capt Pat

There seems to an awful lot of trailer, 3/4 ton 101, and 1 1/2 ton 105's along with others on Govt. Liquidators web. all look to be in good shape, many are complete with bows racks and canvas. (and there goes the trailer market for a while when all these get out) so you should be able to get one fairly cheap. I'd be careful hauling petroleum in plastic tanks. Alot of places also have laws against it, they damage fairly easily without the crash rails. some guys here carry waste oil in the liquid gaylords, but not far. The military had tanks for the purpose, but you're probably better off using a contractor tank or something similar.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything more than 119 gallons (please correct if I have the wrong amount) requires the diamond shaped warning signs on all four sides by federal highway regulations. Gets a lot more complicated very quickly. Please research this both here on the site and in the transportation regulations for your state.

wsucougarx

You would want to get a M105A2 or M105A3. My idea is to mount two deuce 50 gallon tanks in the trailer. You can then run a temp fuel line from the trailer to your deuce tanks utilizing the intank pumps. Hmm, I suppose a guy could tap into the trailer power to run the pumps.

srodocker

so thats why you wanted the extra tanks!!! good idea! i think i just added another thing to my wish list for brads :). how much did brad charge?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks