• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White cab top

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. Any particular paint needed to paint canvas? Watch that passenger side wiper. It may hang up on the frame. It also looks like you have updated the wiper arms...Saturn has this kt...is it worth it?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you noticed the wipers! Well, the passenger side is just parked funny. Since I started to use Rainex, I have actually never had to run the wipers, but the upgrade does work a lot better than the originals.

Here is a better view of the new paint job. As far as type of paint, I have used oil based, acrylic, "alkyd" and they all seem to work well.
BTW, I use a brush to apply the paint, like to "work" it in...

Attachments

Armada

Looks good! Love the Rainex, been using it for years on all my vehicles. Wipers are not needed even in a 'driving' rain. No pun intended.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can say this, the insulated vinyl tops are much cooler than the canvas. The green canvas seems to radiate lots of heat in the sun or at least thats the case with the tents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks