• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White Primer?????

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
One of my M35's seems to be all white under the CARC, the truck was rebuilt at TEAD Utah in 91, and the CARC was applied at that time. Everywhere there is a chip its white, not any shade of gray but white. Anyone have any thoughts as to why? You can see it between the duals on the frame, its worse now that I pressure washed the truck.

Attachments

Cdub

My hole 1986 M925a1 was done with the white primer.....and it sure is tough as Nails......!!

From the factory as well as the rebuild in Albany back in 1997.

seya,

C'dub

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, I wish the CARC had been that tough.....Most of the problem is the paint on the frame, maybe I can feather it out and touch it up...... Don't really want to pull the bed.....

halftrack

White primer is used on Military vehicles so that when final paint is applied, missed spots and lack of coverage can be easily identified and repainted. It would be hard to see high lights and thin coverage if you would use lets say a green primer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks