• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White silicon RTV?

welpro222

I notice that the timing cover and oil pan have been sealed with a cream/wht colored RTV silicon instead of a gasket or black RTV, is this the color stuff the army used for repairs?

cucvrus

I have seen it before. I am not a fan of it. But if it holds I would let it go. If it is leaking then change it. I have been using the Permatex The Right Stuff. It is black and seals well on everything I used it on. I have great results and have been using it for years. I do use a gasket also not just the sealer. I don't like it gobbing out all over everything. If it is squeezed out on the outside it is squeezed out on the inside. I have seen it stuck in oil pan pick up screens along with foil oil cap covers. Use it carefully not like it is going out of style.

Chaski

One wild guess is that it is Dow Corning 730. The stuff has a NSN number and is a fuel and oil resistant silicon white rtv goop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks