• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White top is cool

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday, I painted the top portion of the bikini top white as seen in the images here. It worked very well on the deuce to keep the cab temp from rising above ambient by reflecting the sun's rays.
It can't be seen from the ground, so it doesn't deter from the original look of the vehicle.
(The deuce in the background has a vinyl cover on top of its bikini top)

Attachments

madsam

I did that to both of my Jeeps and it helped a lot. The thin black plastic top used to be to hot to touch in the summer from the inside. That is 12 sq feet of heater in a little jeep. Now even in the hot sun, the top feels cool. I would say the jeep is 20 degrees cooler on average. And my wifes jeep with AC uses less gas to cool down.

SasquatchSanta - Probably the inverse would be true. My old jeep was almost flat black. I could almost fry an egg on the top. (At least I felt my brain frying..)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's amazing what a little color change on the roof can do. When I was a kid, all buses were painted yellow and had black stripes. They are the same now, except for the roof which is white.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks