• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX Who is insuring late model HMMWVs in Texas?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have ins. through Hagerty but they do not insure any FMV under 20 years old.
Actually only looking for liability at this time but would get comp if I had to.
There seems to be a large ebb and flow on this so only folks that have received ins in the last year or so

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting: J C Taylor will ins. vehicles in Texas as new as 15 years so my 2008 should qualify, but they do not have AMG as a listed manufacturer so I have contacted them.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had good luck with Berkeley Classics.

They don't require everything to be garaged, which helps me with the big trucks.

Cheers

Nevada, so mileage may vary, but State Farm had no issue insuring a hmmwv (or deuce). Our agent is more tenacious than average and got the 2008 hmmwv insured as a regular road vehicle without issue. They submitted pictures of the vehicle to underwriting but I was left with the impression it was just in case. About $70 / month with comprehensive and options.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I did tell the guy the 93 was modified with a more powerful engine as he asked if ether had any modifications.
The quote for the two trucks is lower than I am paying Hagerty for just the 1993, again with mods declared and the same coverage.
And of course both drivers have "perfect" driving records.