• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who made it / what year is it?

sermis

Is there a way to tell who made the M35A2 and what year it is? When I got my truck the dash plate Vin # matches my title. Title indicates it is made by AM General 1976. The data plate I think indicates it is a 1967 Kiser WO/W but not sure. The truck has a winch. I know that when the military lets items go there is no telling what info is on the paperwork. Most other data plates were removed. Motor tag gone and 2 of 3 axel tags are gone and 3rd needs cleaned to read. Vin # on drivers frame is gone. Is there another vin stamped into the frame somewhere?

jasonjc

the only place I know of is on the drive side of the frame between the spring hanger. Should be stamped there could it just be painted over?? The 9 number vin can get you close to who and when it was made. Also nowing the who or when will tell you the other as they where all made in the same place, just the name on the door changed.

acetomatoco

Can you see grind marks? You have to be a real detective to find it sometimes...and Kaiser is spelled Kaiser...However typicallly Kaiser Jeep would be the MFR.. If someone has gone to all the trouble to remove all the data plates and grind off the vin from the frame you are not in Schaefer City.... The NSN for a winch truck should end in 1617. Non winch trucks are 1616. Happy motoring. Refer to David Doyle article in MV MAG for more info.