• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who needs interior door handles?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put me on the list. PayPal you now if you want. Will they use the same hole ?
They fit over the standard splined shaft, and have a retaining screw that goes in the OEM hole in the shaft. No modifications to the truck, if that's what you're asking.
20180723_174510.jpg

reelclassic

My truck is missing the black plastic cover off one interior door handle, and the other one was replaced somewhere along the line with a broken window crank handle. So I decided to 3D model some handles that could be machined from aluminum as inexpensively as possible (still not as cheap as I'd like, because it's complex geometry, but I did my best). I also 3D printed one to test fit, and it's pretty sturdy... I think a 3D printed one would work just fine (as I have it now, the splines fit on pretty tight - tight enough that you really have to push it on there or use the bolt to pull it on).

I just wanted to see if these things being missing or broken is a problem others have too, that is worth solving on a bigger scale (e.g. having a batch of aluminum ones made, posting the 3D printer files, offering 3D printed ones for sale, etc.)?

Concept rendering:
View attachment 734617

I plan to do the same thing for the window cranks as well.
I have a quick question. Im trying to take the window crank off and dont want to break it. Any advise?
Thanks

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the original OEM design is poor. Needs to be longer and more ergonomic. My opinion.
There are actually a few kinds of door handles, that I have seen, possibly more.

Those that my 3D printed design was based on...
Door Handle, Inner, Cover.jpg
Door Handle, Inner - 1.jpg
Door Handle, Inner - 2.jpg

A big paddle bent-sheet-metal design, that is about 150% the size of the above style. I'm not sure if they are the same on both sides, or mirrored. (Sorry that I don't have a bigger picture)...
Door Handle, Inner, Paddle Style - Small.jpg

This one, which goes on the square-style shafts, I think...
DOOR HANDLE, MILITARY TRUCK FMTV (NSN 2540-01-525-0936, 2540-01-525-0937, PN 12489208).jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks