• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who saw the new TV show Diesel brothers?

Drock

Okay I'll be the first one to bring it up:gimp:. Of course the first episode had to be an interduction to the "Wacky" cast. But I liked the willys they did. I'm curious how much power that 4BT twin turbo makes? And they seem to deal with a lot of Military stuff. I saw a couple CUCV's in the background so maybe they'll build one?

Skinny

It was fun to watch a new car show on TV but it is a lot of high level stuff dumbed down to the common denominator viewer with some added drama on top. It reminds me of like Duck Dynasty with trucks. Cool to see a twin turbo 4BT :)

I'm confused that they went out and "bought" a clean first gen Duramax only to rip it out and put a Cummins in. That makes zero sense to me. The whole point of getting a first gen Duramax would be no emissions and easy to make power.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched it but was not a fan of it at all. The things they were doing just seemed idiotic. They got that M101a3 trailer to put as a bed on that 2007 Chevy. The only cool thing about the show was that they purchased the trailer from Boyce equipment there in Utah, I was surprised they didn't show their sign or announce their name.

Drock

Yeah unfortunately these shows today play to the masses, everything's a reality show anymore. I would point out to the producers that the (what is now called power block) shows have bin on the air for over 30yrs with a loyal fan base, but who am I, what do I know.:shrugs: It'd be nice if they did a tandem web show of each build to give enthusiasts all the info. Agree I didn't understand the reason to buy a well kept Duramax if your just guna gut it anyway? But I saw a couple pics on Instagram of an orange el camino they did with a Duramax in it so maybe they just swapped it into that car?

Wasn't a bad show but seemed to be alot of drama. All that work on the chevy and the interior goes up spontainiously in flames from some torch work. Then I had to cringe when the sprayed the 4BT with starting fluid because it hadn't been primed with fuel yet. Another point was how the owner says he was big into military trucks and never heard of Boyce Equipment. After all they are in the same state. Should be interesting at least just to see the different creative ideas.

Skinny

A lot of the big shows are nothing more than parts pushers. All the builds incorporate the parts from the sponsors. I understand why but it doesn't present any cool fabrication. The powerblock shows are decent about getting the tech in somewhere.

I've found myself watching the Motortrend channel on YouTube. Roadkill and Dirt Everyday are pretty good. Those guys build funky stuff just for the fun of it. I think the overhead is much lower for that style of show so the sponsorship is there but doesn't over rule the show.

67Beast

I laughed when they sandblasted the CARC trailer with no protection on and then even made a comment about how nasty it was breathing the dust. I was good luck with that you idiot. The show is so fake it's not even funny, like when the guy makes fun of the main guy for having such a small penis by driving the Bro-dozer but yet is still willing to make a deal and sell his super clean truck while at the gas station. I don't think I watch it again when it's on next, it was just too fake.

UNIMOG-GUY

It was fun to watch a new car show on TV but it is a lot of high level stuff dumbed down to the common denominator viewer with some added drama on top. It reminds me of like Duck Dynasty with trucks. Cool to see a twin turbo 4BT :)

I'm confused that they went out and "bought" a clean first gen Duramax only to rip it out and put a Cummins in. That makes zero sense to me. The whole point of getting a first gen Duramax would be no emissions and easy to make power.
I agree...but unfortunately drama is needed these days to keep the viewing audience engaged. If you didn't have the drama it would be just like the TRUCKS! Tv show (which isn't a bad thing). It's also sad to see their disregard for safety when sandblasting. He a made comment about sand boogers and I was thinking to myself if you would have used sometype of respirator you wouldn't have those issues.

Last edited:

MtnSnow

It's not bad as I got to chat with them for awhile when their location was next door to where I store my trucks. You can actually see the security fencing that location as shown in their first episode so that was kinda cool. They recently relocated a couple of miles away.

DieselSellerz.jpg Next time I am over at the shop I will take a pic showing this same place :)

48cj2a

It is all todays culture, just like Gas Monkey, Misfit Garage, Bitchin Rides, Vegas Rat Rods. They are a bunch of goofy guys having a good time, a little drama, way over priced builds but I still find it very entertaining compared to other shows that are out there. Don't forget Axe Men, Swamp People, Any Alaska Series too.

Sit with your Wife and Daughters thru 5 minutes of any drama filled show like House Wives of... or The Kardashians and I'll take any of those before mentioned shows for their entertainment value any day of the week.