• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who sells coolant cab heaters?

Somemedic

Im looking and googled and ran a search on SS but really cant seem to find a surplus joint selling cab heaters. Any ideas like memphis? I just cant seem to find them and if I get an idea of how much they are that would move an auction deuce w/ heat up or down on the my watch list.

TedG

I sold my last complete NOS kit to a friend, but I have enough left over parts to make up several coolant heaters kits. pm me for details.

Regards,

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with HALFTRACK on this list. He has several used, but complete, kits. I got one from him.

Armada

Speaking of heaters, and not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where I might find the 'stand' for the coolant heater in the M809 series trucks? The heaters mount on the right side of the cummins engine in the 5 tons. There is a 'platform' or 'stand' that kind of sets the heater in front of and above the humungus muffler which is over the top of the fenderwell. I'm guessing it also acts as a heat shield. Any help in finding one would be appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Whats the going rate for these? Wondering how big a differance there is in these and fuel fired heaters.

CGarbee

Armada said:
Speaking of heaters, and not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where I might find the 'stand' for the coolant heater in the M809 series trucks? The heaters mount on the right side of the cummins engine in the 5 tons. There is a 'platform' or 'stand' that kind of sets the heater in front of and above the humungus muffler which is over the top of the fenderwell. I'm guessing it also acts as a heat shield. Any help in finding one would be appreciated.

Since you bring it up... I'm in the market for one as well... I've got the heater (pulled it from a gasser five ton), but need that mounting shelf in order to install it in my XM813. So, if anyone knows of one for Armada and one for me... :)

bottleworks

Somemedic said:
Im looking and googled and ran a search on SS but really cant seem to find a surplus joint selling cab heaters. Any ideas like memphis? I just cant seem to find them and if I get an idea of how much they are that would move an auction deuce w/ heat up or down on the my watch list.
If you want NOS, Saturn Surplus has them for $475. NSN 2540-00-301-7267.
http://www.saturnsurplus.com/m35/m35-7.htm

groundog

:) my 813 has it mounted on drivers side inner fender---I have the heater and stand from another 813 but to ship it the freight rates will kill ya

Somemedic

Memephis quoted NOT the original but an updated heater that fits and appearntly the parts are much easier to find in the event it fails. $400

Armada

my 813 has it mounted on drivers side inner fender---I have the heater and stand from another 813 but to ship it the freight rates will kill ya
Groundhog, would you be interested in parting with just the heater stand?

CGarbee

groundog said:
:) my 813 has it mounted on drivers side inner fender---I have the heater and stand from another 813 but to ship it the freight rates will kill ya
Can you take a few photos of the setup so I can see how it all gets stuffed in or send me a description of how it was installed?
Thanks.

groundog

will work on getting photos---but the heater is not in a truck---I got it from a parts truck--why not put your heater on drivers side like mine--I have seen other m-813 with heater on drivers side---eliminates the need for the support---watch photos on GL--some times you will see them on drivers side---groundog

CGarbee

groundog said:
will work on getting photos---why not put your heater on drivers side like mine--
Hmmm, perhaps my photo request wasn't as clear as I thought...
I was thinking about doing this tpe of instalation on my XM813 (mounting the heater on the driver's side) since I have seen a few trucks setup this way and since you mentioned it was the setup you had. I was asking for photos of the instalation in your truck, not the uninstalled heater setup, so I could see how the core, hoses, switches, and defroster box got mounted...
Thanks.

joesco

I will need a heater before winter sets in here in NH. I liked the Swing Fiire multi-fuel heater I had in my Unimog. The cab was warm in minutes. Anyone install one like this in their deuce?

I also found a real nice hot water heater replacement below for a great price.

Attachments

groundog

:) Somemedic--- look at auction 3547--lot 2601---all most identical to my M-813 set up---remember the m-35 and M813 use the same cab only the fenders are longer on M-813

Somemedic

Thats good to know.

Im still working on the "get truck" portion of the equation since Drexel didnt pan out. I wanted to know how hard it would be to get a heater if the truck I got didnt have one. Also helped me prioritized heater trucks from non... In the future I dont think it will matter either way if theres a heater or not since they can be had and installed relatively easily.