• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whose M1028 in texas?? (in photo gallery)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are a bunch of photo galleries in there that I wish had a name to them.....................

BKinzey

That's a nice truck! Those are 36" HMMWV bias tires on it. I'm going to say it's a 6" lift because it looks like good clearance. I've read you'll have problems with those tires and a 4" unless you trim the fenders :wink:

Hey, it's Texas! Don't you have a LEO buddy who'll run the plate for you :D

That's the first 6.5T HMMWV / Van engine I've seen dropped in a Truck as well 8)

AJMBLAZER

That truck was sold on Ebay last October. Went stupid cheap. If I had checked Ebay when I bought my CUCV I could have had that instead. aua

Off the top of my head...
Had a 6.5L TD mated to a 4L80E and a NP205.
Tough Country sticks out as the lift maker and I'm thinking less than 4" of lift. If you look at the picture of the transfer case and tranny you can see that the front springs don't have much arch to them at all. I'm thinking a 3" suspension.
Rhino Lined interior and bed with captains chairs and aftermarket guages as you can see.
There was something special about the wheels too...can't remember. Recentered HMMWV's or OEM wheels made wider...I forget.

That truck doesn't look all that tall really. Doesn't strike me as being particularly taller than mine which is stock on the same tires. My tires don't rub the body at all...one thing about 1 ton springs is they don't flex much. Just a little trimming on the lower fenders and they clear. If I went hardcore rock crawling that might be different but so far with just driving it around, playing in ditches, hills, two tracks, etc they've stayed clear of the fenders.

AJMBLAZER

Many of the GM 16.5" wheels actually had a bead lip to them unlike most 16.5's.

Before beadlocks became readily available DOT approved and the variety of large offroad tires for 16", 17", and bigger wheels improved it used to be a little bit of a secret to find a set of GM 16.5" wheels and have them widened.

I can't really tell if they were recentered but they look like my wheels only with a much deeper offset. I suppose someone could get Stockton Wheel or similar to make up a completely new set but at their prices it might be cheaper to recenter some junkyard wheels.