• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why do some Deuces have the front bumper as an inverted "U" while others have an upwards "U" shape?

Robbie_765

Ive noticed the winch on both styles or I'd figure one was for the winch and one wasn't. I also thought maybe it was design evolution over time but as early as the 50s and as late as the 90s both types were produced. Its just always puzzled me and I do like both styles. Thanks for any insight!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All 2-1/2T W/W i have owned or been around many years in the military had the upwards "U" , which better-facilitates the location of the cable during normal spooling... In same experience, all 2-1/2T WO/W have the "U" down.

Am not saying there weren't any exceptions, it's just that I had never seen any exceptions to it in the military.

This is not to be confused with the 5T 6x6's of which all had the "U" down due to the design of the winch and fairlead rollers, and regardless whether or not it was a winch truck

Last edited: